News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yeah Josh that's it - it’s amazing how that just happened?

Look, I don’t care if someone is Jesus freak, if they pray to Buda, Alah or anyone else. You can be an atheist for all I care. That’s a private thing. Your religion or non-religion is your business and no one else’s. I am sick of people fucking up and brining religion into the mix.

I’m sure Josh Hamilton is a nice kid. Yeah I know he has had his troubles and all, but that doesn’t make him a guy with bad intensions. But does he ever shut up about Jesus?

Apparently, once in a while, he does, especially if presented the opportunity to down body shots off the tits of some 'Zona bar skank.

By now, I'm sure you've seen the photos, courtesy of Deadspin. As it's not fantasy related, I was prepared to let this pass without comment, that is until I read the explanation Hamilton gave at a pre-game press conference yesterday.

Hamilton said, and I quote:
"It's one of those things that just reinforces (thoughts) about alcohol. Unfortunately, it happened. It just reinforces to me that if I'm out there getting ready for a season and taking my focus off the most important thing in my recovery, which is my relationship with Christ, it's amazing how those things creep back in."
Yeah Josh that's it, it’s amazing how that just happened? It's certainly not your fault you fell off the wagon and frolicked publicly with chicks who are not your wife. No, no -- it's baseball's fault for making you show up for spring training and surrounding you with temptation. If only you didn't have to report to work (for which you make more money than most of us will ever dream), then you could be free to sit at church and pray all day long and not have to worry about losing your way. - Mike Gross
Michael Gross, in conjunction with a prominent sports agency runs a strength, conditioning and agility program that many agents send their “to-be-drafted” athletes, prior to being drafted. Many pro athletes have also used the facilities for rehabilitation after injury. Over 90 professional athletes including current MLB ball players have attended his institution during the past 3 years.

BallHype: hype it up! FantasySportsBlips: vote it up! Top Blogs TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Please Show Your Support

Please Show Your Support
If you like what you read, please cast a vote at one or more of these sites to help our distribution.
Click Home for all Blog posts or search BLOG ARCHIVES in the Right Sidebar for more Blogs