News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

Friday, July 31, 2009

Ménage à trios?

Lots of talk last night about the Mets, Indians and Rays involved in Ménage à trios trade talks. I don’t have the meat and potatoes and I’m not sure what the Mets would be giving up, but the talks have Victor Martinez going to the Rays and Scott Kazmir going to the Mets.

For those of you who say that I have no right posting this info with such little information, I actually thought about that myself however I came to the conclusion that there is as much info here as in any of the bazillion rumored trades, especially the Halladay ones.

From a personal standpoint, I am not a big Scott Kazmir fan. Although I agree the Mets gave him away for nothing, I believe that the health and stamina concerns they had have turned out to be correct. He's not a big guy and it's hard for him to throw like that and hold up. Conversely, it's been pointed out to me 1000 times that the Dodgers said the same thing about Pedro Martinez when they traded him to the Montreal Expos...... and how did that work out.- Blake Kearny
Blake Kearny is a retired baseball scout from Los Angeles, California. He currently runs a baseball school for children in Los Angeles

BallHype: hype it up! FantasySportsBlips: vote it up! Top Blogs TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Please Show Your Support

Please Show Your Support
If you like what you read, please cast a vote at one or more of these sites to help our distribution.
Click Home for all Blog posts or search BLOG ARCHIVES in the Right Sidebar for more Blogs