News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wonderful thoughts.....

You know, with the entire steroid thing and all the other crap that goes on, we forget how special baseball is to most of us and American society as a whole.

Baseball has the extraordinary and somewhat unique ability to both separate generations by era’s and themes and also bring generations together by the transfer of facts, memories and stories. It’s the passion that we have for baseball that makes us so angry about when stuff like the steroid issue is brought up.

Last night after I came home from my kids little league game I grabbed a bite to eat, put my kid to sleep and jumped on the computer to check out what was going on in Around The Horn. I clicked on the Remember When link by mistake, a link I had never clicked on before.

For your readers like who have not yet viewed or participated in submitting content to the site they are really missing something special. I could go on and on about the plethora of stuff that brings back wonderful memories for me but what hit me was the latest post. I couldn’t wait until this morning to tell my kid about it!

Think about the characters involved and how special to baseball that was. Father and son Griffey were playing together with both getting hits and papa Griffey throwing out Bo Jackson. Unbelievable.

It is pouring rain where I am today. The first e-mail I read this morning said that I will not be getting a raise this year, my car is in the shop forcing me to take mass transit home in this weather and I when I called my wife to let her know I arrived at work safely she tells me that our air condition unit need’s a part that will cost me $289 with labor to replace.

But today is a good day for me as I have all kinds of neat childhood baseball memories popping in and out of my head…….

Thank you for brightening my day. – Ralph Orman

The above post was an e-mail sent in by reader Ralph Orman. With his permission we thought we would share it with you.


If you have a questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them.
BallHype: hype it up! FantasySportsBlips: vote it up! Top Blogs TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Please Show Your Support

Please Show Your Support
If you like what you read, please cast a vote at one or more of these sites to help our distribution.
Click Home for all Blog posts or search BLOG ARCHIVES in the Right Sidebar for more Blogs