News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

News, introspective, insight & opinion from around the Major & Minor Leagues

Thursday, June 18, 2009

You have got to be effin kidding me....

We’ve all been there. There are times when it seems like the rotisserie baseball gods are out to hurt your players. It’s not like this football, a contact sport, but still, these guys are hurting arms, legs, other appendages, and parts of the body I didn’t even know baseball players had?

Did you know that you have two groins? I didn’t? I thought that if you pulled a groin muscle, you strained the muscle area between your legs and junk!

As it turns out, you have both a left groin and a right groin! Who knew? Maybe I just never thought about it? I guess it kinda makes sense to me now. But anyway, I had to pass on this post from Bob Taylor. He writes.
“The only thing stopping this season from being a complete and total bust for me has been the offensive surge of the baseball-killing Phillies left fielder, Mr. Raul Ibanez. No matter how shitty my teams got (and, trust me, they're real shitty this year), I could always save a little face by saying, "Well, at least I guessed right on Ibanez." (He's on three of my four teams.)

But now this on the wire……..

Phillies placed outfielder Raul Ibanez on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin. Ibanez has apparently been bothered by his groin on and off since April. Of course, you wouldn't know it by the way he's hitting. He'll undergo an MRI Thursday afternoon that should give us all a better picture of the injury's severity. Ibanez, 37, is batting .312/.371/.656 this season with 22 home runs and 59 RBI in 250 at-bats.

I swear to god when I opened by money league's team page just now and saw the little red DL by Ibanez's name, I almost chucked my computer monitor straight out the window. (Although it does match nicely with the little DL also next to Votto and Reyes.) Some years, everything just goes wrong. 2009 is going to be one of those years for me.

I notice Yahoo has opened fantasy-football signups. Staring at a blank team page over there for a few months sounds a lot more appealing than dealing with unsalvageable sunken baseball teams. Sigh ...”
Whether or not you own Raul Ibanez I’m certain that you can relate to this. You can change the name but I’m sure you have or have had the same experience. I have to say, it makes me feel better that I’m not the only one. -David Fry
David Fry is an independent sports photographer currently covering Major League Baseball. David will be reporting on observations as he sees them in MLB stadiums throughout the year.

BallHype: hype it up! FantasySportsBlips: vote it up! Top Blogs TheSports100.com | Sports Toplist Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Please Show Your Support

Please Show Your Support
If you like what you read, please cast a vote at one or more of these sites to help our distribution.
Click Home for all Blog posts or search BLOG ARCHIVES in the Right Sidebar for more Blogs